June 1, 2022
The blogs are back! To begin, I wanted to formally introduce myself, Hi I’m Angie, the new of the crew here at BBHL; I’m so excited that the first blog I get to write about is on my favorite time of the year: Summer! (Which may or may not be due to the fact that my birthday is in August.) Though it’s easy to get carried away with all of the constant fun during this time of year, we must not forget to take care of ourselves especially when the weather is at least at 80 degrees or more almost everyday.
SPF Is Your BFF: Your best friend year round! What most people don’t know is that sunscreen should stay part of our daily skincare routine everyday of the year, and not just during the summer. Wearing sunscreen daily not only prevents the chances of skin cancer but also premature aging. We still go outside and the sun emits UV Rays all year even on days when the sun isn’t fully out or out at all.
Here are some things you want to look for when buying the right sunscreen:
- SPF between 30 and 50 is the ideal amount, at least a teaspoon of SPF for it to be effective.
- Labeled with “Broad Spectrum”, this means it protects from both UVA Rays: Rays that prematurely age your skin in other words “Wrinkles” and “Age spots”; and UVB Rays- Rays that cause sunburn. While right now it may be the popular look to have that cute sunkissed natural blush look, we need to remember that these trends are only around for a short amount of time and we have our skin foreverWaxing: Why wax? Where do I begin?
- Slower regrowth- Because waxing is the hair being removed from the root, not only do you get extremely smooth skin but also get to enjoy it for more than just a couple of days until you have to go back and shave it again! With waxing, the hair usually doesn’t fully grow back until about 3-4 weeks after your appointment, some people even go about 6-8 weeks!
- Finer regrowth- Many people talk about the amount of time it takes for the regrowth when it comes to waxing, adding onto the regrowth the hair also grows back finer. Unlike shaving where the hair feels prickly and like a blunt cut, waxing makes the hair thinner and it doesn’t give the effect of as much hair as shaving does.
- Less Ingrowns- It’s not guaranteed that they won’t happen but they’ll definitely happen a lot less than when you shave. This is due to the reason of the hair being removed from the root so when it grows back the hair is thin and tapered and less likely to get trapped under your skin whereas when you shave the hair grows back with a blunt which causes it to get caught under the skin.
- Products like Fur Oil help for less ingrowns and irritation prone with daily use.
Eyelash Extensions: “I miss wearing mascara” – said no one ever. During the summer it can be difficult to keep up with makeup especially because going in the water makes it come off even if your mascara is waterproof. While eyelash extensions don’t come off as easily as mascara, it’s important to keep them clean right after you get out of the water.
- Ocean water will cause your lashes to stick together after so it’s important to gently cleanse your lashes after.
- Chlorine reacts with the extension adhesive and makes it dry and brittle which can make your lashes flake off; with the steam from Jacuzzis it weakens the adhesive, try not to stay in for too long.
- When you get out of the water, try to dab rather than rub the eyelashes dry.