Custom Spray Tanning
BBHL uses Sjolie solution which uses 100% naturally derived DHA. DHA (dihydroxyacetone) is the active ingredient in sunless tanning products that causes the skin to turn brown. Sjolie’s entire product line is PETA approved Vegan. They use only FDA approved and 100% naturally derived ingredients. Their products contain no parabens, which is a commonly used preservative for cosmetic ingredients. Sjolie’s products are manufactured in their FDA approved, US-based manufacturing facility.
Sjolie Custom Spray Tan $38
Sjolie Custom Rapid Tan $50
Slim & Tone Drops $10
Shimmer Drops $8
DHA Drops $10
24 Hours Prior to your Spray Tan (Pre Tan Care):
- Shave or use depilatory cream to remove unwanted body hair.
- Exfoliate entire body with mild, oil free, non-abrasive exfoliant.
8 Hours Prior to your Spray Tan (Pre Tan Care):
- Shower, but do not apply body oils or moisturizer to skin, as this can create a barrier on your skin.
- Wear clothing that are dark in color, preferably black and loose fitting (cotton clothing) to avoid excess contact or staining to your clothing after your spray tan.
- Do not wear tight fitting jeans, pants, or shorts, or light synthetic fabrics.
- It is advisable to wear flip flops to and from your spray tan appointment.
5 Minutes Prior to your Spray Tan (Pre Tan Care):
- Remove make up and deodorant with baby wipes.
- Pull hair up and away from face and neck with a hair tie and cover with a hair cap.
- Remove clothing, shoes, and jewelry.
6-8 Hours after your Spray Tan (Post Tan Care):
- Avoid any activity that would cause sweating; exercise, or showering, as your spray tan is developing during these hours. Contact with water or sweat could result in uneven tanning.
- If you choose to sleep in your spray tan so that it darkens overnight, please cover your bed with dark sheets and pillow cases so that any bronzer does not stain your regular sheets. If you do get bronzer on your sheets or clothes it will wash out in the laundry.
8 Hour after your Spray Tan (Post Tan Care):
- Shower normally. You will see some color wash away from your skin. This is completely normal, and was only the color guard (instant tan that you could see after your spray tan). The color guard is used to give immediate tan results, but also so that the technician may see where they are applying solution. Do not be concerned by this, as your developed tan is still there.
- Wash with a mild, moisturizing shower gel.
- While you are drying, remember to pat, not rub your skin.
- Apply a tan extending lotion at night (please ask your tanning technician for more information).
The Life of your Spray Tan: (Post Tan Care):
The life of your spray tan depends on the care you take of your skin. Moisturize twice a day. The following products have been shown to reduce the number of days that a spray tan will remain on the skin, so try to find alternatives or simply avoid these products until just before your next spray tanning session.
- Band Aids, Face Masks, or Biore Pore Strips.
- Bar Soaps
- Hair Removal Creams and Shaving