LASH LIFTS $65
A Lash Lift is a new keratin based lash enhancement treatment. Instead of doing a traditional perm that simply curves your lashes, A Lash Lift actually turns the eyelashes upwards to give them length, height and volume, and an appearance of having longer and thicker lashes. The advanced technique is designed to boost and lift the lash and offers a potential alternative to extensions. It may also complement the application of lash extensions, to facilitate their applications when your lashes are too straight or too curved.
How long will my lash lift last?
This lash lift treatment is there to curl your natural lashes and keep them curled for up to 12 weeks, depending on your individual hair growth cycle, lifestyle and aftercare. Maintain your full lash curl with a lash lift every 6-8 weeks.
What should I expect from my lash lift treatment?
A relaxing, simple and pain free beauty procedure. Allow up to 1 hour for your appointment.
Can I wear Mascara?
Yes, mascara will enhance your curled lashes for a more dramatic eye catching look.
How do I care for my lash lift?
- Avoid rubbing your eyes.
- Do not get the lashes wet or use product on them for 24 hours after treatment.
- Remove eye makeup gently with non-oily remover.
- Gently brush your lashes daily with a lash brush.
- Use a mineral mascara with natural fibres for the best finish.
- Do remove contact lenses before your treatment.
- Tell your therapist if you have an eye infection or irritation of the eye area – as treatment cannot be performed until this has cleared up.
- Don’t wear make-up to your appointment.
NO LASH COUNTING! Eyelash Extensions is a practice that enhances the length, thickness and fullness to natural eyelashes. The extensions used at BBHL are silk or synthetic mink.
Before my appointment – How should I prepare?
Because this procedure can take time, it is important that some things be done prior to arriving for your appointment:
- Please remove all eye makeup with a mild, oil-free cleanser prior to your appointment. Eye makeup can interfere with the adhesive bond and shorten the lifespan of your lash extensions, so it’s very important your natural lashes be as clean as possible.
- If you are a contact lens wearer, please remove them.
- Wear comfortable clothing, a blanket will be provided should you get cold.
- To make you as comfortable as possible and to avoid delays, please visit the bathroom before your procedure.
During my appointment – What can I expect?
When you arrive, you will be asked to complete a short consultation form. I will evaluate and discuss your needs and expectations. You will lay on a treatment bed, with eyes closed. It’s highly recommended that all eye makeup be removed prior to your appointment, but if not, it will be removed as much as possible prior to starting the procedure. Your bottom lashes will be protected with a small under eye pad. Each synthetic lash is dipped in a medical grade bonding agent and applied to an individual natural lash. The number and length of lashes applied is determined by the desired look, as well as health and thickness of your own natural lashes. The entire procedure generally takes between 60-150 minutes for a full set and as little as 30-90 minutes for refills.
Note: If you arrive with eye makeup on, we will remove it as much as we can, but we can’t remove it as well as you could at home. This could affect the bonding process and shorten the lifespan of the lash extensions. So, please remove all makeup prior to your appointment.
Aftercare – How can I extend the life of my Eyelash Extensions?
Though easy to maintain, proper care and maintenance will ensure the life of your lash extensions. The first 24 hours are crucial for the adhesive to dry and provide a strong, durable bond. Therefore, it’s very important to adhere to the following instructions:
- Keep them dry. Avoid washing your face with hot water or wetting your lashes.
- Avoid swimming or exposure to steam, heat or saunas.
- Avoid oil-based cleansers, creams and lotions on, or around, the eyes.
- Do not apply eye or lash makeup.
- Avoid eyelash tinting, perming or chemical treatments.
- Avoid chemical peels or laser treatments around the eyes.
- Avoid sleeping on side or stomach.
After the first 24 hours: Although the adhesive has dried, certain activities can weaken the adhesive bond and result in premature loss of your lash extensions. Therefore the following guidelines are recommended:
- You can swim, shower and exercise as usual but avoid excessive exposure to heat or steam.
- Be gentle, don’t rub your eyes excessively and don’t pick or pull on the lashes as it can pull your own eyelash out along with the extension.
- Avoid oil-based eye care products or oil-based eye make-up remover. Use of oil-based products can weaken the adhesive bond. We can recommend products to gently remove eye makeup and cleanse your lashes and eyelids at your appointment.
- Use of mascara may reduce the lifespan of your lash extensions.
- Avoid eyelash curlers as they can damage both natural and synthetic lashes.
You will have invested a lot of money in your new Eyelash Extensions please make sure to take care of them properly.
Classic Full Set: Jennifer & Annalee $120 | Hannah $140
Touch-ups: (Expect 10 – 20 lashes to fall out with your natural lash growth between touch-ups)
40 minute fill: $50
60 minute fill: $60
70 minute fill: $70
80 minute fill: $80
Hybrid / Volume Full Set : Jennifer & Annalee $150 | Hannah $190
Touch-ups: (Expect around 20 lashes to fall out with your natural lash growth between touch-ups)
40 min Hybrid/Volume Lash Touch-up : $65
60 min Hybrid/Volume Lash Touch-up: $75
70 min Hybrid/Volume Lash Touch-up: $85
80 min Hybrid/Volume Lash Touch-up: $95
**Less than 30% retention is considered a full set.**
Transitioning from a different lash artist? One fee: $100
PLEASE NOTE: If you come in for a touch-up and you have no lashes left you will have to book a new full lash set.