If you follow us on Instagram you may have seen our post asking us for your help in creating content. We want to share information that you all want. One of the questions that were asked multiple times is how to layer skin care. Layering your skin care properly makes sure you get the full benefit from each product.
1. Cleanse. If you’re wearing makeup do this step twice. Cleansing the skin will remove dirt, impurities and makeup from the skin.
2. Exfolaition. This step should be done only 1 to maybe 3 times a week at the most. You don’t want to overwork the skin and cause more damage.
3. Mask. I highly recommend a hydrating mask for normal to dry skin and a clay mask for thick, oily skin. This should be done once a week.
4. Toner. This will balance your pH level and prep the skin to absorb your serums and moisturizer.
5. Eye cream. Fight aging signs, prevent dark circles and eliminate puffiness. Tip: store your eye cream in the fridge.
6. Serums. This step includes retinol, hyaluronic and vitamin C. If you exfoliated that day skip the retinol. You want to use retinol alone. Hyaluronic, Vitamin C, etc can be layered one after the other leaving a few seconds between for the product to absorb. You can also opt to cold roll after this step to make sure all those serums are pushed deeper into the skin while soothing the skin and fighting inflammation.
7. Moisturizer. Keeping your skin properly hydrated will prevent redness, irritation, dryness, sensitivity and more.
8. SPF. For daytime use only.
If you have any questions and want a personalize regimen made just for you please feel free to book a facial or skin care consultation with us.